Total Pageviews

Friday, January 13, 2012

NFL Divisional Playoffs

Its time for the divisional playoffs and with two cinderella's in the AFC (Texans and Broncos) and the juggernauts in the NFC it'll be interesting to see what happens. Here is the divisional playoffs analysis and picks Turbonian style...

1. Texans vs Ravens: In what I hope will be a pretty straight forward and decisive victory for the Ravens I think they have a great defense a great running game, and a mediocre quarterback...Wait a second isn't that exactly what Houston has? Arian Foster vs Ray Rice is going to be a wash, both defenses force turnovers and don't give up a lot of points. So this game will come down to Flacco vs Yates and oh brother! is all I have to say. Flacco has thrown 7 picks in his 5 starts in the postseason but I'm going to go with his experience over Yates since he's a rookie and playing a vaunted defense.

My pick: Ravens by 7

2. Broncos vs Patriots: I picked against the mighty Tebow last week and regretted it but this week I'm going against him with full confidence. I think Tom Brady is going to put up 35+ on the Broncos and there defense will minimize Tebow's passing ability by playing with a deep safety the whole game unlike the Steelers. I also think that although Tebow has potential last weeks game might have been a mirage. I also think Coach Fox will go back to his old ways of playing not to lose which will doom the Broncos and get them in a whole early.

My Pick: Pats by 10

3. Gaines vs Packers: This game I am torn on I want to pick the Packers based off their tremendous offense but their defense is just to suspect for my liking. As long as Eli doesn't get in a whole early I think the Giants D will get pressure on Rodgers quite frequently and he will show rustiness from not playing in 3 weeks. I think Eli will pick apart the Packers defense and the it will come down to Eli in the fourth quarter and this time he will get the last laugh.

My  Pick: Gaines by 3

4. Saints vs 49ers: This game is going to be the game of the weekend to watch, this will pit the best defense in the NFL versus the best offense in the NFL. Whoever said defenses win championships definitely hasn't paid much attention to these past couple decades, juggernaut offenses rule (i.e. Packers last year, Saints the year before, Steelers vs Cardinals, Colts super bowl win) This trend will continue and the Saints will simply take the 49ers to the shed and whoop their ass. Brees for MVP!

My pick: Saints by 10


Next Blog: I will rank the best video game consoles of the past 30 years and give them a grade (A,B,C,D, F)

No comments:

Post a Comment